Online Privacy Practices Notice
Guaranty Bank & Trust N.A. respects your privacy. Through our Website and Mobile Application, we strive to provide valuable information to you about how we may serve you, and whether you are a valued existing customer or someone shopping for new bank services, we hope our site answers your questions about our products and services, locations, and hours.
How we handle information about you when you visit our Website or Mobile Application will depend on what you do when visiting. If you visit the gnty.com website only to read information and do not use any of our online services or applications for services, then we collect and store only the name of the domain from which you access the Internet, the date and time you access our website, Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our website and your zip code. We may record the IP address assigned to you by your internet service provider as part of this process. We also use the information we collect to measure the number of visitors to different pages of our website and to help make our website more useful to visitors.
ONLINE PRIVACY PRACTICES
We are committed to transparency regarding your personal information. We ask for your consent when required, otherwise by using our Website and Mobile Application, you consent to the collection, use and sharing of your personal information subject to and consistent with applicable laws, regulations, and other notices you may have received based on your relationship with us.
Protecting Your Information
We safeguard any information that you share with us and that we collect from you according to strict standards of security and confidentiality. When you submit personal information to us, your information is protected both online and offline.
To protect personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with applicable federal and state laws. These measures may include device safeguards, including encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, and secured files and buildings as well as oversight of our third-party providers to ensure personal information remains confidential and secure. In the event of a data breach, we provide timely notification, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Linking To Other Sites
We may provide links to non-affiliated third-party sites, such as credit bureaus, service providers or merchants. If you follow links to sites not affiliated with, or controlled by Guaranty Bank & Trust, you should carefully review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions, as they may be different from those of our Website and Mobile Application. While Guaranty Bank & Trust provides these links for user convenience, we cannot control or assume responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of third-party websites or services.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection
We also recognize the importance of protecting privacy where children are involved.
USING OUR ONLINE SERVICES
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information about you through your computer or mobile devices using cookies and similar tracking technologies (see the section below on Cookies and other technologies for details) as well as personal information you provide when you visit or use our Sites and Mobile App.
The personal information we collect is limited to what is required to provide our products or services and to support legal and risk requirements.
Types of Personal Information We Collect Online
When you visit our Website or our Mobile Application and use online services we offer, such as account opening or electronic banking services, then there may be times when you are asked to provide personal information. The type of personal information we collect from and about you online will depend on how you interact with us. This information may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Contact Information such as name, mailing address, email address, telephone and mobile number(s)
- Personal Identifiers such as Social Security number, account number(s), driver's license number (or comparable) or other information that identifies you for ordinary business purposes
- Account Application information such as credit and income information
- Access Authorization such as user ID, alias, PIN and password and security questions and answers
- Documents or Images submitted via our Website or Mobile Application to support account opening, such as statements and voided checks, or to process checks for deposit into your account(s)
- Information from your computer and mobile devices where allowed by individual browsers and/or operating systems, such as:
- Unique device identifiers (for example Media Access Control (MAC) and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses)
- Browser type, version, language, and display/screen settings
- Information about how you use and interact with our Website and Mobile Application (for example activities on pages visited, links clicked or unique and measurable patterns such as keystrokes, mouse clicks and movements, swipes and gestures)
- Communications data, such as your communication preferences and details or the content of your communications with us (e.g., chat messages)
- Responses to advertisements on sites and mobile apps where we advertise
- Log information such as your search and voice to text queries in the Mobile Application
- Search engine referrals
- Geolocation information with consent (for ATM or bank location, or for fraud prevention)
- Social media preference
How We Use Your Information
As stated, collecting this information allows us to optimize the services we offer you. We use this information to process applications, conduct your transactions, verify your identity, respond to inquiries and communications from you, improve our services offered to you, provide important information to you, comply with legal or regulatory requirements, for business purposes, for fraud detection, and for other purposes.
Personal information collected from and about you online described in this Notice may be used for many purposes such as:
- Personalizing your digital and mobile experience by enhancing our Website and Mobile Application content, organization, and design, and by analyzing data to create relevant alerts, products, or services.
- Detecting and preventing fraud, identify theft, and other risks to you or Guaranty Bank & Trust.
- Delivering products and services to you by verifying your identity (for example when you access your account information); processing applications for products or services such as to open a certificate of deposits, apply for a personal loan or mortgage, or to open a business account other financial products; processing transactions; providing customer service/production support; finding nearby ATMs, bank locations, and other specialized location based services near your location.
- Providing advertising on our Website and Mobile Application as well as non-affiliated third-party sites and through off-line channels like financial centers, call centers and direct marketing (for example email, mail, and phone).
- Performing analytics concerning your use of our online services, including your responses to our emails, and the pages and advertisements you view.
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, industry standards, contractual obligations, and our policies.
- Allowing you to use features within our Sites and Mobile Apps when you grant us access to personal information from your device, such as contact lists, or geo-location when you request certain services that requires such access, for example locating an ATM.
We retain personal information for a period of time as required by laws and regulations and the necessary business purpose. We securely delete personal information as soon as legally permitted.
How We Share Your Information
Guaranty Bank & Trust’s policy is that we do not disclose personally identifiable information about you to anyone, except as permitted by law and our applicable Privacy Statement. Guaranty Bank & Trust may share your information for reasons such as the following:
- For our everyday business purposes, such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
- For our marketing purposes to offer our products and services to you
- For joint marketing with other financial companies
- For our affiliates' everyday business purposes, such as information about your transactions and experiences needed to provide and improve services
For more about how we share your information, see our Privacy Statement. This statement describes in more detail the information we collect, how we share that information, and your choices related to that sharing of information.
COOKIES, WEB BEACONS, AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
During your visit to our online services or Mobile Application, we collect information to help gather statistics about usage and effectiveness and help personalize our interactions with you using various technologies such as cookies and web beacons.
If you do not accept these cookies or similar files, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of some online products. For example, for Online Banking we will not be able to recognize your computer and you will need to answer a challenge question each time you log on.
Cookies are also used to estimate our audience size. Each browser accessing our site is given a unique cookie, which is then used to determine whether a user is a first-time visitor or a return visitor. This helps us deliver better service by helping us understand whether the majority of those accessing the site are new or repeat visitors.
Additional technologies we might use, or our third-party service providers might use, are web beacons, ad tags, etc. that collect additional information such as geolocation and IP address. We use these, for example, to measure the effectiveness of our advertising, communications, viewing/response rates, compile statistics, personalize your online experience, for security and fraud detection, and to aid us in more efficient advertising.
For your privacy and security, we recommend that when you complete your online transactions that you log off completely before visiting other websites and/or restart your personal computer. This may clear your cookies. We also recommend that you do not visit other sites during your online banking session with us.
Updated in July 25, 2023