Easily send and receive money with Zelle®
Whether it's saving you a trip to the ATM or taking out the guesswork of divvying up the cost of the lunch tab, Zelle® is a fast, safe and easy way to send and request money with friends, family, and others you knowand trust2. Zelle® is a convenient way to send money right from your mobile banking app or online banking account. Money is sent directly to the recipient's account and is typically available in minutes1, and all you need to send money is the recipient's email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
Mobilize your money with Zelle®
Send money fast in just a few steps.
Settle up with roommates, friends and people you know and trust, regardless of where they bank2.
Easily divide the cost of the dinner check, coffee and more.
Stop. Confirm. Avoid Scams.
Watch out for scams to get your money. These scammers will attempt to manipulate people with fraudulent information and scare tactics. They will falsely claim to be family, friends, buyers/sellers, and a bank representative to get people to send them money.
- Don’t respond to unsolicited text messages or emails. Double check through independent means including contacting the party through other methods. Don’t trust the phone number or email address that they send.
- Urgent requests are very common with scams. Don’t feel pressured to act immediately. Contact us directly if you are unsure or talk to a trusted friend or family member.
- Never give anyone your login or password. A legitimate financial institution will NEVER ask you for this.
- Scammers are able to spoof email addresses and phone numbers to make it appear that it is coming from a person or business you know. Be alert to vague messages and slight misspellings. Criminals engage with you by their communications to try and connect with you personally; they use this as a tactic to manipulate you into providing your personal information.
Impersonating a Financial Representative
“We found suspicious activity on your account. Call us at <fake number> to claim your refund by sending money to your own account.”
We will never request that you send money to yourself. If you are unsure, call our main number <put main number here> to speak to a representative in our Digital Banking Department.
Impersonating a Family Member
“Mom, I’m in trouble – please send me money now.”
Be skeptical, especially if this is coming from an unknown phone number or email address. Reach out to a trusted friend or family member if you are unsure. Also please know that you can always contact us at 1-888-572-9881 to discuss the message.
Always be skeptical of incoming messages. If you think that you have been targeted and are unsure how to respond, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Zelle® is a fast, safe and easy way to send money directly between almost any bank accounts in the U.S., typically within minutes1. With just an email address or U.S. mobile phone number, you can send money to people you trust, regardless of where they bank2.
You can send money to friends, family, and others you trust2. Since money is sent directly from your bank account to another person's bank account within minutes1, it's important to only send money to people you trust, and always ensure you've used the correct email address or U.S. mobile number.
You can send, request, or receive money with Zelle®.
- To get started, log into online banking, navigate to Move Money and select “Send Money with Zelle®, or simply click on the “Send Money with Zelle® button on the account page. From your mobile app, navigate to “More” and select “Send Money with Zelle®. Accept terms and conditions, enter your email address or U.S. mobile phone number, receive a one-time verification code, enter it and you’re ready to start sending and receiving with Zelle.®
- To send money using Zelle®, simply add a trusted recipient's email address or U.S. mobile phone number, enter the amount you'd like to send and an optional note, review, then hit "Send." In most cases, the money is available to your recipient in minutes1.
- To request money using Zelle®, choose "Request," select the individual(s) from whom you'd like to request money, enter the amount you'd like to request, include an optional note, review and hit "Request"3.
- To receive money, just share your enrolled email address or U.S. mobile phone number with a friend and ask them to send you money with Zelle®.
If you have already enrolled with Zelle®, you do not need to take any further action. The money will be sent directly into your bank account and will be available typically within minutes1.
If you have not yet enrolled with Zelle®, follow these steps:
- Click on the link provided in the payment notification you received via email or text message.
- Select Guaranty Bank & Trust.
- Follow the instructions provided on the page to enroll and receive your payment. Pay attention to the email address or U.S. mobile number where you received the payment notification - you should enroll with Zelle® using that email address or U.S. mobile number where you received the notification to ensure you receive your money.
Zelle® is a great way to send money to family, friends, and people you are familiar with such as your personal trainer, babysitter, or neighbor2.
Since money is sent directly from your bank account to another person's bank account within minutes1, Zelle® should only be used to send money to friends, family, and others you trust.
Neither Guaranty Bank & Trust nor Zelle® offers a protection program for any authorized payments made with Zelle® – for example if you do not receive the item you paid for or the item is not as described or as you expected.
It's easy — Zelle® is already available within Guaranty Bank & Trust’s mobile banking app and online banking! Check our app or sign in online and follow a few simple steps to enroll with Zelle® today.
You can find a full list of participating banks and credit unions live with Zelle® her e.
If your recipient's financial institution isn't on the list, don't worry! The list of participating financial institutions is always growing, and your recipient can still use Zelle by downloading the Zelle® app for Android and iOS.
To enroll with the Zelle® app, your recipient will enter their basic contact information, an email address and U.S. mobile number, and a Visa® or Mastercard® debit card with a U.S.-based account (does not include U.S. territories). Zelle® does not accept debit cards associated with international deposit accounts or any credit cards.
When you enroll with Zelle® through your online banking Bill Pay account, or mobile banking app, your name, the name of your bank, and the email address or U.S. mobile number you enrolled is shared with Zelle® (no sensitive account details are shared – those stay with Guaranty Bank & Trust.
When someone sends money to your enrolled email address or U.S. mobile number, Zelle® looks up the email address or mobile number in its "directory" and notifies Guaranty Bank & Trust of the incoming payment. Guaranty Bank & Trust then directs the payment into your bank account, all while keeping your sensitive account details private.
In order to use Zelle®, the sender and recipient's bank accounts must be based in the U.S.
You can only cancel a payment if the person you sent money to hasn't yet enrolled with Zelle®. To check whether the payment is still pending because the recipient hasn't yet enrolled, you can go to your activity page, choose the payment you want to cancel, and then select "Cancel This Payment."
If the person you sent money to has already enrolled with Zelle®, the money is sent directly to their bank account and cannot be canceled. This is why it's important to only send money to people you trust, and always ensure you've used the correct email address or U.S. mobile number when sending money.
If you sent money to the wrong person, we recommend contacting the recipient and requesting the money back. If you aren't able to get your money back, please call customer services at 1-888-572-9881 so we can help you.
Scheduled or recurring payments sent directly to your recipient’s account number (instead of an email address or mobile number) are made available by Guaranty Bank & Trust but are a separate service from Zelle® and can take 1 – 3 business days to process.
You can cancel a payment that is scheduled in advance if the money has not already been deducted from your account.
Money sent with Zelle® is typically available to an enrolled recipient within minutes1.
If you send money to someone who isn't enrolled with Zelle®, they will receive a notification prompting them to enroll. After enrollment, the money will be available in your recipient's account, typically within minutes1.
If your payment is pending, we recommend confirming that the person you sent money to has enrolled with Zelle® and that you entered the correct email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
If you're waiting to receive money, you should check to see if you've received a payment notification via email or text message. If you haven't received a payment notification, we recommend following up with the sender to confirm they entered the correct email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
Still, having trouble? Please contact customer services at 1-888-572-9881.
Yes! They will receive a notification via email or text message.
Keeping your money and information safe is a top priority for Guaranty Bank & Trust. When you use Zelle® within our mobile app or online banking, your information is protected with the same technology we use to keep your bank account safe.
If you don't know the person or aren't sure you will get what you paid for (for example, items bought from an online bidding or sales site), you should not use Zelle®for these types of transactions.
These transactions are potentially high risk (just like sending cash to a person you don't know is high risk). Neither Guaranty Bank & Trust nor Zelle® offers a protection program for any authorized payments made with Zelle® – for example if you do not receive the item you paid for or the item is not as described or as you expected.
Your email address or U.S. mobile phone number may already be enrolled with Zelle® at another bank or credit union. Call our customer support team at 1-888-572-9881 and ask them to move your email address or U.S. mobile phone number to Guaranty Bank & Trust so you can use it for Zelle®.
Once customer support moves your email address or U.S. mobile phone number, it will be connected to your Guaranty Bank & Trust account so you can start sending and receiving money with Zelle® through the Guaranty Bank & Trust mobile banking app and online banking. Please call Guaranty Bank & Trust’s customer support toll-free at 1-888-572-9881 for help.
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android, Google Play, and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc. Data charges may apply. Check with your mobile phone carrier for details. Zelle® and the Zelle®-related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
1Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient's email address or U.S. mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle®.
2 Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle®.
3 In order to send payment requests or split payment requests to a U.S. mobile number, the mobile number must already be enrolled with Zelle®.